We think this calls for more than a pastel easter egg hunt.
We think it calls for feasting and music and dancing, for a joyful procession through downtown with songs and tambourines.
One of the ways God likes to be worshiped is for his people to feast before him, and so we are beginning the first annual Resurrection Fest in Durango.
It will begin Friday evening with Good Friday worship, continue with festivities all day Saturday, and culminate in joyful gathered worship Sunday morning.
Come help us make a big deal of the death and resurrection of Jesus!
Righteousness is a lively feast,
Drunken revelry, a thin charade.
The kingdom of God is a joyful procession,
The kingdom of earth, a zombie parade.
Jesus leads this kingdom song,
'All you weary come along!
Trade your masks for hearts aglow,
Your rotting flesh for festal clothes.'
Friday, April 2nd
Saturday, April 3rd
- 6pm Good Friday Worship: Meet at Gospel Church at 6pm
- 7pm music downtown: we will have several groups of musicians playing resurrection songs on street corners along Main Street. Everyone is encouraged to walk around downtown and listen to the music and help make it a festive time
Sunday April 4th
- 11am Parade: Meet at 10:40am at Gospel Church for preparation. We will walk from the church down to Main Street and proceed down Main Street at 11.
- 12pm Picnic lunch: meet at Buckley Park following the parade (bring your own food).
- 1:30pm Softball: meet at Folsom Park. This will be a pick-up game of softball, bring a glove if you have one.
- 3:15pm Games and Art Coffee fellowship: Meet at Gospel Church
- 5:30pm Feast at Gospel Church (free, donations accepted): Registration is required—use the form below to register.
- 7:00pm Concert/Dance at Gospel Church following the dinner.
- 9:00am Potluck brunch at Gospel Church
- 10:30am Resurrection Day Worship
- 12:30pm Downtown Choir: meet outside on the corner of 7th and Main at 12:30pm.
Get a T-Shirt
Cost is $10 per shirt. Use the form below to specify quantity and the size you want for each one. Sizes are (Kids: S, M, L) and Adults (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL). We will contact you about collecting payment.
Use the form below to register for the free dinner and tell us how many are in your group. Donations will be accepted.
The Feast is at full capacity and registration is now closed.
For all other questions, contact email@example.com.